Oral health holiday gifts — at first, it sounds like sort of a lame idea, we’ll admit. However, many of our loved ones may actually love to receive some oral health items this season.
Plus, we put together these ideas, and we think they’re a lot of fun! Check out our 6 favorite oral health holiday gift ideas. We made sure to do a mix of low and high-cost items to fit any budget.
6 Gift Ideas to Make Everyone on Your List Smile
1. Electric Toothbrush ($20-$200): An electric toothbrush is a nice idea. We think these make especially great gifts, because you’re loved one isn’t likely to purchase an electric toothbrush for themselves but having one would improve their lives. And with Quip and other subscription brush services becoming more popular, it’s definitely all the rage right now!
2. Sugar-Free Gum ($.99 per pack): Sugar-free gum can make a fun stocking-stuffer! Since chewing gum increases saliva production, it can have a positive impact on your oral health. Make sure the gum is sugar-free though! Sugary gum is actually harmful to your teeth.
3. Dental Travel Kit ($15-$30): Have someone on your shopping list who loves to travel? Try building them an oral health travel kit. Find a nice leather toiletry bag and fill it with mini toothpaste, toothbrush, floss, and mouthwash.
4. Fancy Toothpaste ($10-$15): For those who enjoy the finer things in life. Scour the internet for toothpaste in extra attractive packaging or unusual flavors. This makes an unexpected gift that’s sure to be appreciated.
5. Whitening Treatments ($30-$500): White strips or other drug-store products are nice, but do you know what’s even better? Professional whitening treatments from your dentist! Why not treat your special someone to a brighter smile?
6. Water Flossers ($35-$120): With Queer Eye being such a popular show on Netflix, most of us have become fans of Jonathan Van Ness, who frequently purchases water flossers for his clients. Water flossers are tools used to floss teeth using water pressure. Many people prefer them to using string floss because it tends to be more effective and more comfortable.
Remember, you can also treat yourself to an oral health Christmas gift. New patients at our office qualify to receive a free take-home teeth whitening kit (a $300 value)!
We hope our list was able to put a dent in your holiday gift brainstorming. Happy holidays!